Primo – Jack Daniel’s Edition Oval XL 400
Grill Weight: 250 lbs.
Cooking Area: 400 sq. in.
Total Cooking Area: 680 sq. in.
Optional Rack System: 28o sq. in.
Cooking Grid: 18.5″ x 25″
Temperature Range: 150°—850°F
The Primo Jack Daniel’s Edition Oval XL 400 Grill celebrates American ingenuity, quality craftsmanship and the independent spirit of grillers and barbecuers who share our passion for great food and extraordinary whiskey. Available as “grill only” or with Jack Daniel’s Edition One-Piece Island Top, Jack Daniel’s Edition Two-Piece Island Top or any of our XL grill table models and carts. The Primo Jack Daniel’s Edition Oval XL 400 Grill features patented oval shape, premium-grade ceramics, reversible cooking grates, optional Jack Daniel’s Grill Table, optional rack system & accessories.
Primo vs. Big Green Egg – The Truth Revealed
- Primo grill are made in the USA & Big Green Eggs are made in Mexico.
- Primo oval shaped grills offer a split versatile cooking system, the multi-level cooking grates allow for direct & indirect cooking at the same time. Big Green Eggs have a basic one level cooking system.
- Primo is the only ceramic grill company to offer a lifetime warranty that is backed by a 20 year guarantee. Lifetime warranties are tricky because the length of time is not determined by the company offering it, it is determined by each state. Some states determine that a lifetime warranty is as little as a few years. To avoid these warranty pitfalls Primo added a 20-year guarantee which assures that your new grill is covered for many years. Big Green Egg has a lifetime warranty which could turn out to only be a few years depending on which state you live in.
- Primo offers 5 different All-In-One Grill options where Big Green Eggs are still À la carte.
- Primo’s patented oval shape has consistently delivered the highest cooking flexibility and efficiency of any other ceramic grill on the market. The oval shape allows you create two different cooking zones that require different temperatures. The Big Green Egg features a circle design but it only has one cooking level unless you purchase additional accessories.
The Primo Advantage
The combination of premium-grade ceramics and Primo Natural Lump Charcoal is what creates amazingly juicy food with true charcoal flavor. The ceramic shell helps food retain its natural moisture, unlike metal grills that pull the moisture out. Primo premium-grade ceramics, glazes and hardware are made to withstand extreme climates. Primo Natural Lump charcoal is made from American hardwoods and infuses your food with a distinctively mild smoky flavor. Primo ceramic grills can cook as low as 150°F and as high as 850°F. They can also cook “low and slow” for multiple hours. Primo ceramic grills light quickly and reach cooking temps in as little as 15 minutes and Primo Natural Lump Charcoal can be relit for multiple cookings.
The Patented Primo Oval Design
A Primo Grill allows you to grill, bake, roast, smoke, sear, braise, sauté, barbecue, caramelize, flambé, broil, fricassee, pan-fry, baste, parboil, boil, poach, scallop, simmer, stew, and stir-fry. The Primo Oval offers two distinctly different cooking zones at the same time allowing a variety of different cooking configurations. Grilling & Searing, Grilling & Roasting, Baking & Roasting, Grilling & Roasting, and Baking, Roasting & Smoking. No other round grill offers as much cooking versatility. Grill a mouth watering steak on the direct side and roast some fish or shrimp on the indirect side and you can enjoy Surf & Turf in the convenience of your own home. The Reversible Cooking Grid, Heat Deflector Plates, Extension Racks, and other accessories allow you to create more than 69 different amazing cooking configurations.
Made in the USA
Primo is the only ceramic grill made in America and made with domestic raw materials. All the firing and assembly takes place in Tucker, Georgia. Almost all other major ceramic grill companies source their grills from foreign companies with little to no quality control of the manufacturing process.
Primo’s Limited Lifetime Warranty
Primo is the only ceramic grill company in the industry to offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty backed by a 20-Year Guarantee. Surprisingly, a “lifetime warranty” is defined by each state, not the company offering it. Some states determine that a lifetime warranty can be as little as a few years. Our limited lifetime warranty with a 20-year guarantee assures you that your new grill is covered for many years of use and enjoyment.